The herpes simplex 2 virus generally affects human genital parts. The main but not only reason for the virus transmission is sexual activity with the infected person. It causes genital sores. However, some people with genital herpes simplex 2 virus do not have any symptoms. With the Oral genital contact can cause cross infections of type 1 and 2 viruses which means you may get herpes simplex 2 mouth and likewise, one can also get oral herpes on genital area.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex 2
Symptoms of herpes simplex 2 can be found in anyone. Generally, people do not notice this at the early stage when they get exposed to the infection. However, some people get the worst outbreak. The symptoms generally differ from person to person. The following are the Herpes simplex 2 symptoms:
- After the sexual exposure, the first sign of infection occurs within the initial days like three to seven days.
- The blisters can grow in group too.
- The blisters generally have size of 1 to 3 millimeters.
- These blisters can be painful for some and painless for others.
- The genital herpes can emerge on or around penis in case the infected person is a man.
- In case women, they emerge inside the vagina which can be very discomforting and can also cause vaginal discharge. In some case they also appear outside the vagina.
- The symptoms include burning sensation around the genital area, itching sensation, irritation, pain while passing urination, watery and smelly white discharge from the genital area, which is also known as urethral discharge (in females). The early sign could be the vesicular eruption in the vagina or on penis.
- When the virus enters the skin cells, it starts to multiple and the skin becomes red in color and very sensitive. The blisters then start to appear, giving a pain to a person who is suffering from this ailment.
- At first, the blisters open and then heal naturally when the fresh skin occurs.
- When the outbreak occurs, the affected area gets swollen and reddened and it could be very painful as well.
- Glands get swollen, which result in flu-like symptoms, muscle-aches and fever.
Herpes Simplex 2 Treatment
There are no known cures for herpes simplex 2 virus; however, you can keep this away from you. One can reduce these effects by taking care of few points.
The self-cares to be conducted are:
- The infected person should avoid the exposure extreme heat and sun rays as it can increase the irritation.
- The use of perfumed soaps, deodorant or douches should be avoided.
- The use of loose fitted and cotton cloths can give relief.
- The usage of cold cream or any other topical would not help much and should apply only with the consent of doctor.
- Keep the area dry. You can clean it multiple times in the day with a soft dry cloth.
- Keep a cool or lukewarm cloth at the affected area for few minutes and then repeat it again after few hours.
- A strong immune system can help a person a lot to reduce the effect and outbreak of virus. Do not ignore to concentrate on diet which can help you built a strong immune system.
Herpes Simplex 2 Transmission and Control
The herpes simplex 2 transmission generally occurs due to unprotected sexual intercourse or oral sex with the infected person. In addition all types of skin-to-skin contact can also spread the virus.
The unfortunate part is many times people do not realize they have the HSV virus and unknowingly they transmit the virus into other person. Also, even if the viruses are inactive when the physical proximity has occurred, it can definitely get transmitted.
However, one can look for even the slightest symptoms of the disease and can control the transmission of this virus by prevention.
- Consult a doctor and go through a test to confirm the availability of virus in your system.
- If the virus is detected, avoid the sexual activities with your partner or use protection as per the doctor’s advice.
- Many medical companies are researching and investigating to develop an effective herpes simplex 2 vaccine. Once it is approved by FDA, it would be able to control the transmission to a healthy person.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/genital_herpes/article_em.htm#Genital Herpes Causes
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/genital_herpes/page2_em.htm#Genital Herpes Symptoms